Las Vegas winners will celebrate Friday, April 24 at 6:00 p.m. at Springs Preserve, while Reno winners will be honored Friday, April 17 at 6:00 p.m. at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Tickets for both events can be purchased online at www.immunizenevada.org/SilverSyringe.
Abbi Whitaker, owner of the Abbi Agency, will be the keynote speaker of the Las Vegas event, sharing her story of being an HPV-associated cancer survivor and a mom.
“The Silver Syringe is a prestigious award that celebrates immunization champions in Nevada,” said Immunize Nevada Executive Director Heidi Parker. “Both events will give us the opportunity to recognize passionate individuals and organizations that are committed to making Nevada a healthier state.”
SOUTHERN NEVADA WINNERS
- Outstanding Childhood Immunization Program: Milestones Pediatrics
- Outstanding Adolescent Immunization Program: The Shade Tree
- Outstanding Adult Immunization Program: Hep B Free Las Vegas
- Outstanding Influenza Immunization Program: Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services – Rawson Neal Hospital
- Outstanding Rural Immunization Program: Clark County Fire Department
- Outstanding Pharmacy Immunization Program: Roseman University – College of Pharmacy ACCPSN Chapter
- Outstanding Immunization Nurse: Sherrie McCallister, RN, BS, CCM
- Outstanding Community Partner: Southern Nevada Health District Immunization Clinics
- Outstanding Corporate Partner: Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican Hospital
- Outstanding Immunization Champion: Jasmine Sandoval
- Outstanding Physician Champion: Kim LaMotte-Malone, MD, FAAP
- Innovation In Immunization: Southern Hills Hospital And Medical Center
- Outstanding Media Partner: Jeff Ross Photography
Silver Syringe began in 1998 as a way to celebrate Nevada’s immunization successes and champions.
Today, the event has become a statewide tradition for Nevada’s immunization and healthcare stakeholders. This annual ceremony is an opportunity to honor those immunization champions who provide excellent service, but may not otherwise be recognized.
This year’s event is generously supported by: Renown Health, Nevada State Immunization Program, UnitedHealthcare, Southwest Medical Associates, Nevada Health Care Association, Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center, Perry Foundation with the Nevada Health Care Association, Carson-Tahoe Health, Safe Kids Washoe County, Healthcare Guidance Program and Star Nursery.
Immunize Nevada advocates for and educates about the benefits of vaccines and fosters statewide collaboration to achieve Nevada’s health priorities. Immunize Nevada’s vision is for healthy communities across Nevada being protected from vaccine-preventable disease. For more information, visit ImmunizeNevada.org